Question

Confused about blood pressure

This is my second pregnancy (currently 17 weeks) and I have high blood pressure / chronic hypertension and I take three Hypo-tone tablets a day to treat it. I had exactly the same problem and symptoms with my previous pregnancy

The problem I have is that, when I stand for long periods of time, specially in places where it'  s too warm, I get almost like a dizzy spell where I can'  t see a thing and shortly after, I start sweating, specifiaclly on my forehead.

When I explained this to my doctor, he said that what I'  m telling him sounds like LOW blood pressure - yet, when he takes my BP it'  s ALWAYS still too high. Even on the hypotone

Can you give me your advice please?

Dear Anon
You may be getting low blood sugar episodes - try to eat 6 smaller meals per day and try to eat a proteien and high fibre carbohydrate with each meal ( even if it just a small piece of cheese) If this happens again, go to the pharmacy and ask them to check your blood sugar?