Posted by: annon | 2013-01-23

recently me and my bf of 9yrs broke up i found out he cheated.he has been having this relationship wth this person for i dnt knw how long,when i confrnt him abt it he cant give me any straight answrs he jst says i wont understand leaving me wth mre qstn thn answrs..he says he cares 4 me but how can u live a double life and still say u care abt the othr person..i askd him 2 leave whn i startd notecing the changes coz i didnt wnt him jst 2 stay 4 our child his lft and im feeling used,insecure and extreamly unhappy wht do i do 2 get ova this betrayal

He can't really care for you if he's been having a secret affair with someone else as well. He treated you badly and doesn't deserve to be with you. If he fathered your child, go to Maintenance COurt and make sure that he is required to pay maintenance for the child's expenses. Move on, with the help of a counsellor, if necessary, and make a good life for yourself and your child - even if he wanted to, and thats hardly likely, he probably couldn't explain to you what went wrong or why he did it - I doubt whether he understands it himself

Posted by: Leila | 2013-01-24

Anon, I so agree with whatever you said. Great post.

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Anon | 2013-01-23

Not to be rude, but your post is hard to read at times, it would take just a couple of extra minutes to fully type out the words.

How long ago did you find out? I have been in a similar situation and it takes time to fully process and get past it. Just try to focus on moving forward in a postive way, you didn''t know what was going on behind your back but when you did find out you decided that you were worth more and deserve to be treated better.
You can''t control the bad choices other people make, but when you are aware of them you can actively decide to not have them be a part of your life anymore.