Posted by: Kay | 2012-11-28

Dear Doc

im really confused, i have iron deficiency anemia(of which comes and goes and i take treatment for when its low) and was told by Doctor to increased my dosage, last week my iron level was 7.9. Im (5days)late for my periods which are always on time but i tested yesterday but the pregnancy test was negative.Yesterday a tummy bug also started till this moment but other than that i dnt have any pregnancy symptoms except my right boob is a bit sore. Could my iron defiency anemia be the cause of my late period or could i still be preg but HCG not high enough yet?

The anaemia would not cause your period to be late. You could have tested too early and should repeat the test later. Other causes of missed periods are cysts and hormonal problems.