Question
Posted by: Suzie | 2012/04/04

Confused

Hello CS

I need some serious help ,ive been going through this for a couple of months now,ive been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 6 years now,i must say i feel as bored as ever,everything just seems like a repeat of a horible soapy,dont get me wrong im actually seeking advice because i love him so much ,i dont want to break up with him or anything but i am just bored with the way the relationship is going ,even sex has taken a back seat because we are just so used to each other,sad part is i fantasize about having an affair with another man and all the excitement that comes with it (a new relationship) am i crazy ,i need help ,how do i get my relationship back to where it was in the begining,because i just feel like i am his best friend more than his partner at this point and i absolutely do not want to lose him :(

DO I understand your message correctly you love him so much but you've long been utterly bored ? Within any boring relationship, fantasies are common, and probably not especially harmful if not acted on. OF course within a fantasy such as you mention, you assume that a new relationship would in itself be exciting, which may actually be far from the truth.
If you are finding the relationship becoming boring and less satisfying, maybe he does, too. Why not talk about this, gently, and suggest seeing a couples counsellor together, to see how it can be enhanced ?

1