Question
Posted by: Confused mum | 2011/08/24

Confused

My son is 7 and he is stubborn and angry all the time. I divorced his dad when he was 3, got remarried recently and my hubby and son get along brilliantly, yet with me he has an attitude and it irritates me and i get angry at him and the cycle continues. I am not perfect and i don''t expect him to be either but damn he is pushing my buttons. His grade 2 teacher called me in to tell me that he seems to have a concentration problem, why now???? He has been in playschool, creche and Grade 1 with no problems. I try talking to him but no avail he doesn''t talk to me!!!!!!!!

So he does NOT show this anger and stubbornness with his new dad, and only with you ? You're right, of course, that your own anger, however understandable, only complicates the matter.
Concentration can be influenced by many factors, and maybe he isn't as content with the re-marriage as it appears on the surface, and this is reducing his concentration,
It may be useful for him to see a child psychologist who can use other methods to help him reveal what is troubling him, and could then usefully suggest to you ways of handling it, more specifically than we could speculate here

1