Question
Posted by: inn | 2011/03/04

confused

my boyfriend just told me that even if we dont use a condom he wont make me pregnant because he went for an injection that prevents him from making babies again, is there something like that and is it permanent or temporary because he keeps asking me when am i going to give him a child, am so confused

Birth control injections for men are temporarily and not everywhere yet available and scientists are still performing studies about it - http://contraception.about.com/b/2009/05/21/male-birth-control-injections.htm. Vasectomies are permanent. It is however always important to make sure that you protect yourself at all times. Babies are permanent and should only be considered being in a stable relationship. It would maybe be a good thing to also voice your confusion with your boyfriend as it seems that he is not completely truthful.

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

5
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/03/06

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: anna | 2011/03/04

The pill will NOT protect you from sexually transmitted diseases such as HIC/Aids, chlamydia, herpes, gonorreah or HPV/genital warts - THAT''S what the condom is for. Unless you are both willing to go to a doctor/clinic together to have full tests and a physical?

Reply to anna
Posted by: inn | 2011/03/04

I am on a pill, i just want to make sure and thanks!

Reply to inn
Posted by: Hmmm | 2011/03/04

He is tricking you and you''ll soon be pregnant. There IS NO SUCH THING!!
Please go on the pill!!!

Reply to Hmmm
Posted by: Chicken | 2011/03/04

There is no such thing available for men according to my knowledge.

Reply to Chicken