Question
Posted by: lynne | 2010/11/16

confused

hi Doc
please can you tell me the side effects of epilum?
my daughter is taking concerta 74mg in the morning and 36 after 3pm, epilum 300mg in the morning and 500mg at night, and she was on risperlet 1.5mg in the morning and 2mg in the evening.
she has been on this dose for 6months, she picked up 15kgs. after further consultation with her doctor he took her off the risperlet. Now she appears to have a twitch thing that she cant stop fidgeting and moving her feet and hands. what could this be? she has never done this before.
reg lynne
following from this previous post that you answered. my child is been treated for adhd with opposiotional defient syndrome. these tablets are surpose to be mood stabilisers. sud i not be looking at taking her off the original tablets being empilum? as she does not suffer from epilepsy and has been tested for it. Cud it not be the tablet that is wrong? i did refer to my doctor and he wants to give her another tablet ripadol or something.it just feels like too much for me to cope with.
regards lynne
yes he wants to give them together,
i am in randpark ridge johannesburg/ westrand wil travel

Dear Lynne
Thanks for posting the whole story each time - it really helps me to just refresh my memory, it is very thoughtful of you. These doctors specialize in ADD in JHB and PTA

Dr Shabeer Jeeva (011)684-1621 – psychiatrist in Melrose Arch / Morningside / Garden City Clinic
Dr Brendan Belsham (011) 782-5543 – psychiatrist in Ferndale, Randburg
Dr Andrula Ladikos (012)346-1514 – psychiatrist in Pretoria (Ashlea Gardens)
Dr David Benn (011)326-1444 – psychiatrist in Blairgowrie, Randburg

Just phone first to hear if they will see kids her age, if not they will surely be able to refer you to someone in the area that do as they are all involved with ADHASA (http://www.adhdsupport.co.za/)
Please let me know if you managed to get a second opinion?
dr Bets

2
Posted by: lynne | 2010/11/16

sorry doc dont answer this one, i have reposted the information.

Reply to lynne
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/16

Dear Lynne

dr Bets