Question
Posted by: anne | 2010-11-04

confused

adopted as baby where do it fit in

I agree with Maria's response. We're guessing you have discovered that you were adopted, and are feeling a bit dislocated right now. Seeing a good local counsellor will help you to explore all that needs to be explored, to answer your questions and achieve peace and contentment

2

Posted by: Maria | 2010-11-04

Hi Anne. Do you mean that you were adopted as a baby? How old are you? Wondering who you are and where you fit in is a normal thing for an adopted child, and for some it is more important than others. Have you always known that you are adopted, or did you only find out recently? Have you tried to contact your biological parents?

I have an 8 year old adopted daughter. We recently discussed the term " real"  as in " real mom or dad" . Isn''t " real parents"  the ones who took care of you, read to you, played with you, put you to bed, kissed away your tears, came to school concerts, celebrated your achievements and sympathised with your failures?

I have read many books about adoption, some written by people who were adopted about their journeys. I suggest you do the same. You are not alone, and what you are feeling is not wrong or right, it''s just a part of your journey. It might be a good idea to speak to a counsellor who can help you sort out your emotions.

Take care

Reply to Maria