Question
Posted by: LYNETE | 2010-09-21

cONFUSED

hI DOC i noticed i have a small lump on my left lower back.I have been to the doc and he refered me to a neurologist,when i did go to the neurologist he said its nothing and just stress,bt im realy suffering with back pain and also my legs and im worried.Is it possible for me to do a CT scan i just want to know why is the lump there,can i request a CT scane by my doctor.Thank you

Hallo Lynete
It could be a contraction from a back muscle spasm or if the lump is just under the skin and movable between your fingers it could also be a harmless lipoma (a fatty growth). You can request a CT scan. For most medical aids your doctor will have to motivate it as it is expensive.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-21

Hallo Lynete