Posted by: nas | 2010-05-14

I was diagnosed with costrochondritis late last year- was prescribed a range of medication for the pain and inflamation, which has subsided but not gone away completely.
I also had a range of blood tests done- and it was revealed that my iron levels were very low- again i was put on ferrimed for 6 months- iron levels stabilized.
In the last couple months of 2010, I have noticed that I am gaining weight (even though my diet has not changed)  I am contstantly fatigued and tired  nauseous  having trouble focusing and in the last few days I am even having shortedness of breath.
Please advise who what could be going on  who i should consult(a GP  specialist physician  gastroentrolgist or have more blood tests done). To be quite honest I am tired of feeling like this and having to take medication that works for a short period only.

I strongly suggest that you make an appointment with an internal specialist, in order to have all your symptoms investigated and addressed. It is important to understand that there could be a multitude of reasons for your symptoms and hence, it has to be investigated.