Question
Posted by: Heart broken | 2010/03/15

Confused

Dear Doc,

Met this guy three weeks ago and he seemed really interested in me. He was saying and doing all the right things but I told him to take it slow as I have been hurt before and was afraind to get my heart broken again. Well, he agreed and we met for lunch briefly last wednesday. All seemed well. We had another date for Saturday and he just stood me up and would not even take my calls when I tried to get a hold of him. He has since been giving me the cold shoulder.

I am deeply hurt and confused as I do not even know what it is that I did wrong. Is it Ok for my heart to break like this even though officially we were not dating and nothing physical happened between the two of us? Any insights please...

There's no reason to believe that you did anything wrong - notice how easily you sek to blame yourself in situations like this - he behaved very rudely. For all we know maybe he has had other, personal emergencies or some other very good reason for not being available - but still then he should have briefly informed you that he's be unavailable, rather than to leave you dangling. OR maybe he just wasn't as much into you as you felt into him, and sensed you to be potentially very needy, something which frightens off many guys
And maybe you were too hopeful too soon - a 3 week relatonship that is at best promising, is not a basis for feealing "heart-broken" when it ends.

4
Posted by: alison | 2010/03/15

let him go. someone who deserves you more WILL come along!

Reply to alison
Posted by: Pansy | 2010/03/15

Probably married, came to his sense before it became too late. Check if you get calls from private numbers - wife checking who you are.

Reply to Pansy
Posted by: postman pat | 2010/03/15

i think you are just very sensitive, rather be thankfull that you were not physically involved it could have been worse. just think of it this way that it''s his loss. Now go get some coffee or tea and take a very deep breath and who knows tomorrow will be a another new day and you''ll meet someone special.

Reply to postman pat