Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010-03-11

Confused!

I am currently on the pill and take it same time everyday, I was supposed to be due for my period on Sunday (according to my pill) but only started menstruating Wednesday morning, then stopped bleeding the afternoon. I started on my active pills on Wednesday evening.

Also my boyfriend and I had intercourse Tuesday night, would there be a possibility that I might fall pregnant? Taking into consideration that I started my period this Wednesday morning but stopped bleeding again by the afternoon.

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-15

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2010-03-11

Dear Mary
If you did not miss a pill during the cycle, you would have been safe if you had intercourse on Tuesday. Menstruation can sometimes be skipped or light when you are stressed, anxious or due to medication you may have taken during the cycle. It does not mean that your contraceptive is not effective.

Reply to Dr Bets