Question
Posted by: thandi | 2010/02/17

confused

Me and my hubby are working in the same company. Last year we joined a stockvel where we each contributed 150 and the money gave us R3000 in December. We have decided that we will hand in the 150' s in April because we are at the moment very broke. But I was more than surprised when my sister told me today that my husband has asked her to give to the stockvel lady 300 he will refund her on Friday which is not true he does not have money at all this is what I know. Is this right I am just asking myself why did he go behind my back and ask my sister about something that we had discussed the two of us. Must I confront him or just look at him. If I confront him what must I say to him. Please advise.

I understand why you feel puzzled - but you have to ask him. Calmly ( increases the chances that you'll get a useful answer ). Dos the stokvel pay out as much for people who pay up later in the year as if they pay in january or February ?
Dont "confront" him - confropntation is FAR to fashionable and not usually useful - just talk to him abou it.
You can say something like " I thought we had discused and agreed on what to do about the stokvel money - now my sister mentioned you had asked her to pay it, and I don't quite understand what is going on - could you explain this to me ?

1