Question
Posted by: nelly | 2010/01/06

confused

I work for a bank &  my table is place in the middle. on my left is a white,on my right is an indian &  m black. My problem is they are forever having their hands over their noses, which makes me think I have body odour (I dnt think I do). they always make funny comments &  gestures. This is stressing me,I cant concentrate on my work. Is it true that black people smell diffrently to other races? How do I detox my body because someone said to me I might be clean on the outside but am I really clean on the inside? What tablets can I take? Or where can I get chlorophyll iquid? I am so desperate I COULD TRY ANYTHING...... PLZ

Nelly, I hear your distress, and I am pretty certain that you do not smell unpleasant or in any way other people notice or bother about.
All people tend to smell differently from other people, and some people smells we like, others we dont - it varies greatly. If one washes regularly, even without using deodorants or perfumes, most people tend not to have any noticeable smell ( unless one gets far closer than anybody ought to do at work ! )
Absolutely EVERYTHING one hears or reads about "detox" is cynical rubbish - NONE of the products or processes advetised or sold "detox" anyone in any way, and unless one has been specifically poisoned by a particular poison, and needs treatment monitored by a specialist doctor, nobody alive ever needs to be "detoxed" - he normal, usual body produces no toxins needing to be removed, and one's body manages just fine without interference.
So the problem here, and I do hear how distressed you are, is almost certain to be related to a lack of confidence and self-esteem on your side, and some inaccurate but convincing assumptions, both that the others in the office in some way find you offensive, and that this must in some way be related to smelling.
Once you start convincing yourself that you're smelly, you will feel less confident, of course, and more likely to notice anything the others do which you can convince yourself supports your theory. If friends and family don't notice anything unpleasant about you and the way you smell, you don't smell. There are many reasons why other people might fiddle with or rub their faces. If they really found you were reeking as badly as you imagine, believe me, they would have told you long before now.
So consider seeing a counsellor to work on your self-confidence, which will help anyway, and the counsellor can also confirm that you have no secretly nasty odour such as you believe might be the case.

12
Posted by: nelly | 2010/01/07

my intentions were not to turns this into a racial debate. I need honest opinions

Plz stop it

Reply to nelly
Posted by: Alex | 2010/01/07

Who said I' m white!
Are you guys not being racist just assuming I' m white...
I did not want this to turn out into an argument about which race smell worse lol! I was just stating my honest opinion, thats all.
You might feel or have different experiences, I' m still entitled to my opinion. But guys this is just what I have come across myself. Sorry if I offended you guys and I' m not a racist.

Reply to Alex
Posted by: Lilly | 2010/01/06

Alex, what drugs are you on?! I used to work at a shop and I have come across some horribly stinky white people. Nelly, don' t stress. It could be other reasons- maybe they' re just being bitches or something petty. It sounds like you' ve got great personal hygiene.

Reply to Lilly
Posted by: Really Black | 2010/01/06

Alex...whites have access to water but making use of water is a hassle.Taking a bath it' s a mission, a 2min shower or running water on your face and hair makes it for the day ,that' s why whites always keep body sprays to supress the bad odour which always comes out.
So it' s not blacks only, we all have a smelly odour, white or black which can be caused by our diet sometimes.
Before you pass judgement, check your side first.......you acatually being RACIST little w****y.

Reply to Really Black
Posted by: Black | 2010/01/06

Alex , u being racist..and fvck u...well now that u have said it i think white people smell too, its bit me why since they have access to clean water..i guess they just animals..

So now you know that u have a smell like a fish..racist idiot..

Reply to Black
Posted by: Alex | 2010/01/06

I honestly do think so.
Ask the indian chick then, maybe she would be more honest with you.
BUT do not ask in a threatening way, then you will not get a honest answer.
Maybe the white chick thought you would beat her up if she told you your breath smells or you smell.
Its a hard thing to tell someone.
Or the next time they do that, stop and ask, why are you doing that? Do I smell?
but I think you should call the one privately and ask her to explain as you feel rather selfcon. when they do that.

Reply to Alex
Posted by: nelly | 2010/01/06

To Alex...I have access to clean water,I can afford deo,I go to a dentist once every 2 months, so I dnt understand where the problem might be. I hav asked the white lady,she said ther was ntng wrong

to Man...its a serious question. So you think black ppl smell? I do get the hints.

Reply to nelly
Posted by: Man | 2010/01/06

Is this a serious question though...
Most black people do not get these hints and are totally unaware that they smell

Reply to Man
Posted by: Alex | 2010/01/06

Cs I dont know how you could say she does not smell if you do not know this for sure.
Well it might be that she dsnt but it just might be that she does.
I think black people do have a strong smell, I always thought that its because they do not all have access to clean water and such and cant afford deo. but even the ones that can smell.
I really do not mean to sound racist or anything but this is the truth! Maybe you have smelly breath... Most black people have smelly breath, I dont know what it is but I would say that 90% of black people I have come across have permanent bad breath.
The thing is they do not seem to know it, well I guess a large % of people with bad breath do not know it.
Now I dont know why this is.

I think you should really ask one of them what the problem is, why they do what they do and then see a doctor to see if you can fix it.

Reply to Alex
Posted by: nelly | 2010/01/06

but I have no idea whr to find these counsellors.

Reply to nelly
Posted by: Liza | 2010/01/06

I' m white and usually wondering whether I smell too. But I know my best friend - whom I also work with - would tell me if I' m smelly and she never has. To me it' s just an anxious reaction to other things that I' m worried about. Seeing a counselor has helped me immensely.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza