Question
Posted by: Coleen | 2009/10/19

Confused

I am going out with a widower and I am a widow, both with grown up children out of the house. We have a wonderful relationship, but all of a sudden he told me, that we should not have sex anymore, because he feels it should only be practice inside a marraige, and it is sin to have sex, but we can live and sleep together. He loves me he says, but can' t marry me, because he does not have enough money or security to support me.

I guess this just needs further discussion between you to sort out. Your generation ( and his ) was more concerned about such issues than today's youngsters. If you are living together, or at least spending extended time together, maybe the issue of supporting you might not be as important to you as it is to him ?

3
Posted by: almost mad | 2009/10/19

This man sounds a bit weird. I was okay to have sex before, but not anymore? I dont know...I mean if you can live there and sleep there them what is stopping you from getting married as he seems to already have the roof over your head. Where does money come in then? This doesnt make any sense.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: Phil | 2009/10/19

Well then I think you should move on with your life? Sex is part of a healthy normal relationship.
Also, if two people live together in a commited relationship, it is the same as marriage. Us christians have a law which involves paper work. Other religions might do it diffirently, but in GOD' s eyes they are also married. We should not confuse our laws with what is right or wrong.

Reply to Phil