Posted by: AMY | 2009-06-05

I went out one night drinking with a friend of mine, we were at her house. We got so drunk and in the middle of the night i decided to go home. Her son of about 12 year came with his friends and sat around the house. my friend got so drunk she passed out. i decided to go home as drunk as i was. i asked her son with his friends to walk me home that night. i dont remember much but i think i passed out. when i reached home my husband asked me why am i full of thorns. i couldnt explain anything and think i might have been drugged now nothing to prove it. i confronted my friend and son my they not admitting anything. Everytime i see this socalled friend of mine now she dont greet me or seems nervous when i look at her, like she is hiding something. i cant remember what happened and i cant do anything about it but pls help me to forgive myself for being so careless. i am really feeling guilty for being so irresponsible. i am feeling ashamed of what happened to me not telling my husband how i feel because he would resent me. already i resent myself. i am keeping it a secret from him that something like a rape might have happened. PLS HELP WITH DETAILED ADVISE......

Well, well, well. Why are you and your friend such foolish drinkers, risking your own lives and those of others ? IF you were drinking muh of the night, nobody needed to drug you to produce the effect you describe, and you shouldn't use this theory as an excuse. Similarly, your friend should no be passing-out drunk anywhere o anytime, but especially at home when she should be sober and responsible enough to care for her kid(s).
Your friend may not be hiding anything, but feeling guilty about how foolishly she behaved, and unlikely to remember enough to know what you're accusing her about, or to be able to deny it. YOu may well have fallen over several times while the kids were helping you to get home --- on what basis are you assuming somebody raped you ?
YOu have every reason to feel guilty and ashamed of how you behave, but don't wallow in self-pity or blame --- learn the lesson, and ensure this doesn't ever happen again. You are no keeping secets from your husband if you truly don't know what happened, especally when there seems to be no firm basis for your suspicions or fears.
If you have drunk too much before, even if not quite to this point, consider getting help to stay away from the booze in future. You can have a healthily good time without large amounts of alcohol