Posted by: Anon | 2009-04-03

I grew up in a family with 2 parents until my mom died 11 years. Things were not good but at least I had both parents. I told myself that I would like to have kids in a marriage with 2 parents, unfortunately that didnt happen. I thought my childs father and I would stay together but that didnt last either. I sat down with him and told him that no matter what happens I want him to be an active father figure in her life, which he agreed. A month ago I decided to move away I informed him and it seems like he didnt care. Instead he took a trip to cape town to see his girlfriend, i dont have a problem with that but he could have spent time with his daughter. He hasn' t said goodbye to our child, he never calls her. We left Durban for good and he doesnt care, I am very disappointed in myself for allowing someone like that to be a part of my life. My daughter doesnt ask for her dad but one day she will and then what do I say. I dont know why but this is really bothering me. I wont contact him, but where to i go from here and get rid of the anger because he basically threw his child away.

You have been doing the best you can --- when you earlier decided to trust him, you didn't know he wouldn't be man enough to be a good father --- and probably, neither did he. Its sad if he isn't enjoying his child now ( later he may realize what he's been missing ) --- but it's his loss, not really yours, and if this is his attitude, then sadly it's not much ooss to the child, either