Question
Posted by: AFB | 2009/03/23

Confused

Do you have to eat 6 times a day to lose weight or can you also lose weight by just eating when you feel like it? I am trying not to snack when I am not hungry. What do you feel is the best way? I am not following a diet, just listening to my body. (or at least trying my best to)

Dear AFB
Researchers have found that people who 'nibble' (6 small meals a day) on healthy low-fat, high-fibre foods tend to lose more weight than individuals who eat only 3 large meals a day even if they also eat low-fat, high-fibre foods. So although you need not eat something when you are not hungry, eating smaller healthy low-fat meals is an excellent way of losing weight.