Question
Posted by: Jakes | 2009-03-03

Confused

I' m 21 years old, and have had a miscarriage &  an abortion in less then 7 months. Its affecting my self esteem and i have no desire to do the things i used to do. It' s affecting my relationship with my boyfriend and i also want to leave my job. I have a history of depression and i' m scared that this time it will be to much for me. i can' t take all of this anymore. my relationship is a mess, i hate my job, i hate myself.

Most unfortunate experiences. Such events are both psychologically affecting, but also through the changes in hormones, can be upsetting in other ways as well. Don't leave your job, they're too hard to get when you need one. BUt DO see a good psychiatrist if possible, or at elast a good GP, for a proper assesment and a discussion of treatment options --- it sounds as though you may very ell have developed a Depression, which can have the sort of effects you describe. but fortunately, it responds really well to proper treatment.