Posted by: stressed | 2009-01-12

i have bn in a long distance relationship for the past 18months and struggling with it. we have decided that if my boyfriend doesnt come back home by the end of this week or month ,we have to part ways as its not working and very strainous. but at the same time i am scared of starting all over again as he has been very good to me and noone will ever replace him. please help on what to do

I've never come across a long-distance relationship that was easy. Mind you, people in easy and happy long-distance relationships tend not to tell a shrink about it ! If he is not coming home to you at times when he could do so, there is a problem which sugegsts he really isn;t as much into this relationship as you have been There's no substitute for discussing this calmly with him, and seeing what you can work out together