Posted by: Too scared | 2008-12-03

My husband is a good, socially recognised man. He is loving to me most times. However, should I not do as he wishes, (he has an orthodox approach to what women should do) then he stonewalls me - for days.

Sounds like a man of very conservative culture ( whiatever cultural group you and your family come from ) --- a man with thenold-fashioned idea that doesn't see marriage as a partnership between equals, but as something within which the woman swerves the man and is obedient and unquestioning. In ALL communities this is considered old-fashioned and wrong, as slavery was officially abolished many years ago. . Presumably he was like this when you maried him, but maybe then you didn't recognize this as a significant potential problem. Marriage counselling could help, but he would probably see no need for counselling or for him to change. Is there anyone senior in his family and your own, with whom you can discuss this problem, and perhaps receive some support and direct advice ?

Posted by: fix it | 2008-12-03

sometimes its good to give people a taste of their own maedicine. try it and see how he feels about it.

Reply to fix it
Posted by: Too scared | 2008-12-03

I have tried this but to no avail. He refused to communicate about this and made life hell for me because I embarressed him. i am not supposed to tarnish his name and status.

Reply to Too scared