Question
Posted by: Zinhle | 2010/01/13

Confrontation

Yesterday I confronted my mom about her abusing me as a child and even, now I had cut her out of my life with no contact with her and I though I was ok however there would be things triggering me and I would remeber what she and my younger sister used to do me. Yesterday I todl them how I feel about what they did to me and that they killed me a long time ago (figure of speech) they used to lock me out as a young girl from primary days, should my sister complain to my mom that I hit I would get a good hiding and be told to sleep outside only to be let in by my stepdad who would be told by my mom that she will leave him with me. They would not give me food my sister would say mom hide the sugar for me not to drink tea, she did not care wether I went to school or not through Gods grace I made it.

My sister once stabbed me with a knife because she did not want me in her fathers'  house the knife went through my lungs, was hospitalised for week to drain the blood and air from my lungs. It was difficult growing up and being rejected by my mom I felt like the world was against I nowhere to go, as she does not get along with relatives.

I started working and did ask them why they treated me like that I just wanted to build our family I was hungry for my mother' s acceptance and love, but I did not cut it.<

You growing and being told you will amount to nothing, you are no good, stupid, lazy and all those negative things, but God had other plans with me I survived and today I am a living testimony that you can come from a very bad situation and end up at the top.

Anyway doc I feel good that I told them will I be ok or do I need to speak to someone.
Sorry for the long e mail

Hello Zinhle firstly and sincerely - congratulations on having survived all that abuse, and on what you have achieved - that required more intelligence and courage than most of us have. You have proved, totally, that you are indeed good, and far from stupid or lazy - and in ways that they probably annot even understand or appreciate.
If you feel better for having told them what you said, that's good. Now be prepared to move ahead yourself, and leave them behind. They deserve themselves.

3
Posted by: Zintle | 2010/01/14

I have never felt this good in my entire life a big load has been lifted off my shoulders. Time form to celebrate, I feel renewed.

Reply to Zintle
Posted by: Lebo | 2010/01/14

wow doll, that' s good for you - you should be proud of yourself. have you watched the movie: a diary of a mad black woman? your story is almost identical to this movie, however you should start by forgiving them - you will feel so much lighter-it' s rich coming from someone who cannot forgive her grandmother for all the injustices she' s done...but am also on a road to recovery....

good luck

Reply to Lebo