Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2008/10/05

Confidence, Shyness, Life, love, other..

I'  m going through a rough patch in my life. Well... it'  s been like this for a while.

My work is going great, i'  m confident, everyone at work has picked up on this etc... and am producing some good work, which has been acknowledged. I have been for some emotional IQ type training, which has helped.

However, when it comes to my personal life, well... it'  s non-existent. I'  ve been studying since I left school... my degree(s) etc. I haven'  t had any real relationships to speak of.

Yes... I'  ve been on dates etc, but nothing of substance. I don'  t know what'  s going on. At work, i'  m a different person to who I am when i'  m out socially. Somehow, I become more reserved and tend to be a sheep and follow the herd, not go off and do my own thing.

Sometimes I am loud and abrasive, the usual thing, other times, quiet as a mouse. It'  s finding that balance that i'  m struggling with.

I'  m trying to clear out all the rubbish in my life, make new friends, maybe meet a nice girl etc. I'  m trying now to make new friends and stuff, through people that I know... but it just doesn'  t seem to happen. I don'  t know what i'  m doing wrong!!!

Even if i'  m chatting to say a girl, we'  ll make small talk, but i'  m forever asking the questions, the usual stuff, what you do etc. But what gets to me, is that no one ever asks about me... Why should I then be interested?

I'  m trying to make a new start, but at 25, what do you do? You can'  t exactly walk up to someone and ask them to be your friend???

I'  m at a cross roads I suppose, this too shall pass. My problem is that I always revert back to my old ways... which will get me no where....

What do you think?

Answered the other time you posted this query

1
Posted by: bionic | 2008/10/06

Hey there!
Mail me , bionic45 at gmail dot com
Hope to hear form u soon

Reply to bionic