Posted by: only1 | 2009-09-03

condoms - HIV

Are condoms 100% effective in preventing HIV transmission?

I heard rumours HIV is so small it gets through the latex

It is true that condoms minimize the transmission of HIV. It is however possible that a condom can break or might have a small tear in it that will obviously compromise the condom’s efficiency. It is absolutely just a rumor that the HI-virus is so small that it goes through the latex. The transmission that happens is a user problem not the thickness/thinness of the latex.

You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful:

Posted by: Condom Man | 2009-09-04

The rubber / latex is not pourous so nothing can go through  no sperm, virus or germ. But a condom is only as safe as the way U use it. Before I met my wife - I was 35 then, I' d used 100' s of condoms without a sigle failure. Had my 1st. sex at 17 + had sex with many women until 35. Before we got married we both test neg. for H.I.V.

Reply to Condom Man