Posted by: John | 2009-03-24

Hello Doc

Tell me having a blow job but using a condom am I safe from getting a std.Also if i finger a lady without a condom on the finger or glove am I exposed to an std.

Lastly having sex with a condom could i be exposed to an std.

I am askiing these questions as i want to explore but want to be safe.

Thank You

Dear John
A condom protects you very well against STD's (but it is not 100% fail proof as condoms can be defective). However this is 100% safer than having sex without one! If you finger your partner without a condom and she has a STD like herpes you can still catch it and get a herpes infection on the fingers. Other STD's will probably not be a huge risk without penetrating sex.