Question
Posted by: Dee | 2011/08/20

Condom &  Erection

I cannot keep an erection for longer than 30 seconds when I use a condom and it is becoming a problem! I have no problem getting an erection at all but as soon as I slip that baby on it just starts to disappear! I either dont get enough sensation and it even feels like the condom is just squeezing to hard or something! I a a 29 year old male...tnx

Hi Dee,

The challenge you describe is not an uncommon challenge and is often one of the reasons men state why they do not use condoms.

This of course in certain circumstances is a highly risky choice to make with regards to unplanned pregnancy and a range of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.

Firstly it is often recommended that men adapt to condom use by using them during masturbation to get use to the feel of them and to discover what kind of manual stimulation (in position and location of stimulation as well as firmness and vigour of stimulation) ensures sufficient sensation to maintain erection.

You can also buy utra thin condoms (not recommended for anal intercourse) that ensures higher levels of sensation.

It is also recommended that you put a bit of water based lube in the tip of the condom before putting it on to also heighten potential for sensation

2
Posted by: Jim | 2011/08/21

The guilt sets in just as soon as you put on the condom.

Stick with your wife rather

Reply to Jim
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/08/20

Hi Dee,

Reply to sexologist