Posted by: Pam | 2008-11-17

I need advice please. I' ve got a dalmation bitch who is about 8 years old. She has been very sick about a year ago. Her pancreas is not working and she has diabetes. We feed het pig pancreas daily and she is on 30m insulin daily. We try to give her a balanced diet. She is constantly hungry and eats everything she gets. She is in very bad shape and we don' t know what to give her to help her gain weight again. She was on Vets choice and we also give her mealie pap and pets mince daily. Will she ever get beter and is she suffering? Everybody wants to know why we don' t put her to sleep.

Dear Pam

Your dog need to stay in hospital and have a blood glucose check every 4 hours for 1-2 days to determine the amount of insulin and if she needs once or twice daily shots.