Question
Posted by: mia | 2012/04/12

condense milk

Dear Doc, I''m trying to quit sugar, so Im taking my cup of tea with two teaspoons of condense milk, pls advise.

Dear Mia
I think you know that using condensed milk instead of sugar is not really going to solve your problem. According to the SA Food Composition Tables, 1 teaspoon (5g) of sugar provides 81 kJ, while 1 teaspoon (5g) of sweetened, condensed milk provides 67 kJ. So for each teaspoon you add to your tea you save 14 kJ or 3 kcal, which is not a lot. Just by cutting out 1 teaspoon of fat or oil you would be saving 185 kJ, which would probably make a greater difference.

2
Posted by: Yo | 2012/04/12

Condensed milk is very sweet as well mos. And doesn''t it now add fat on top of the sweetness?

Reply to Yo

Dear Mia