concving after a pill

i have been on a pilll for 3 years and im 31. ihave stopped using pills trying to get preg its now two months. For the past 2 monts my periods were only a day long please advise

Dear Anonymous

It is possible that having stopped the oral contraceptive pill your normal cycles have not regulated yet after two months. I would suggest that you wait a few more months and see if your cycle length and regularity returns to normal. If after a period of 2 to 3 further months you still do not have any regularity in your period then I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist to ascertain if ovulation is taking place or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: mondy | 2009-06-08

I was on a pill for the past two months, my periods are back to normal. does this means i am now ovulating?if yes how come am struggling to conceive. pls advice how long it takes for one to fall preg after a femodene ED pill which is taken for only a period of a month.

Reply to mondy