Question
Posted by: CONCERNED MOM | 2011/10/05

CONCERTA AND HEART PAIN

I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO SAY THAT I SHOULD SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE , WHICH I DEFINATELY WILL, BUT HAVE YOU HEARD OF CONCERTA GIVING " HEART CRAMP"  (AS EXPLAINED BY MY 7 YEAR OLD ON CONCERTA. IM BESIDES MYSELF.HE HAS MENTIONED BEFORE THAT HE IS SORE AROUND HIS HEART ... ???

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi CM

Chest pain is indeed one of the more SERIOUS adverse effects of Concerta (and related products). You are right in guessing that I'd say you need to see a doctor regarding this: Your doctor needs to, amongst others, test BP and heart rate.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/10/07

Hi CM

Reply to pharmacist