Question
Posted by: CONCERNED MOM | 2011/10/05

CONCERTA AND

HI DOC, I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO SAY THAT I SHOULD SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE , WHICH I DEFINATELY WILL, BUT HAVE YOU HEARD OF CONCERTA GIVING " HEART CRAMP"  (AS EXPLAINED BY MY 7 YEAR OLD ON CONCERTA. IM BESIDES MYSELF.HE HAS MENTIONED BEFORE THAT HE IS SORE AROUND HIS HEART ... ???

Concerta has a long list of serious side effects. Your child is experiencing palpitations and the drug should be stopped as soon as possible under the supervision of a medical doctor. Refer to the following link for more details about the side effects about Concerta: http://www.concertasideeffects.com/

I suggest that your child rather consults a psychiatrist for behavioural modification.