Question
Posted by: Ilze van Coller | 2010/07/29

CONCERTA &  TOFRENAL

My son (9) has been put onto Concerta - this calmed him down but led to insomnia. I stop using the Concerta and was told that if he takes Tofrenal at night it will help with the imsomnia. How safe are these meds? Combination? He can not talk so he can not tell me if meds are making him feel bad. Please help.

Expert ImageAutism Spectrum Expert Forum

Medication is really there to help deal with symptoms and i prefer to look at the cause of these problems in a child with autism.

VERY OFTEN it is food, and I try the route of a diet first and many of these symptoms improve (one of them is definitely sleep). If not, then i would resort to medication. Is the Tofrenal working for sleep? You should consult your paediatrician re safety in combination and long term use. Feel free to contact me directly ex "contact us" for detailed diet info.

9
Posted by: Liaidsatronia | 2011/02/01

Reply to Liaidsatronia
Posted by: esconseescoky | 2011/02/01

Reply to esconseescoky
Posted by: Deeminquema | 2011/01/27

Reply to Deeminquema
Posted by: Abrapeassesse | 2011/01/24

Reply to Abrapeassesse
Posted by: 06XBangele | 2011/01/20

Reply to 06XBangele
Posted by: daleEndeave | 2011/01/19

Reply to daleEndeave
Posted by: charmain | 2010/10/25

My daughter is 10 and she has been on concerta for 3 years already... she only drinks it when she must go to school as the proffessor prescibed it. But i was wondeering cant i leave the concerta and just give her omega 3. what do you advice?

Reply to charmain
Posted by: Pumeza | 2010/09/08

My son also 9, was once on concerta. He had lost appetite and had become so skinny. He is currently on Retalin, which only works during " classroom"  hours, just to keep him clalm and after school he is back to normal. His appetite is also back to what it was before his concerta days.

Reply to Pumeza
Posted by: Autism Spectrum Expert Forum | 2010/07/29

Reply to Autism Spectrum Expert Forum