Question

Concerta

Can you please tell me if it would be acceptable to speak to my pharmacist about their price for Concerta 36mg? We do a lot of business with them and we are very happy. (We spend at least 20k a year) and discovered recently that a pharmacy a bit further away charges 499 for concerta while my pharmacy charges 698. I feel that it is a rip off. I know wach pharmacy have diff prices and I dont mind paying a bit more for the service but 200 is a bit much.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Anon - The cost of concerta to both pharmacies should be 477.12. The one pharmacy is happy with a profit of less than R22, while the other is working on a much higher profit.

The 2nd one is most probably a big retail chain, while the first would be a private, smaller pharmacy.

Speak to pharmacy 1 - They may be willing to bring down your price because you're a good customer.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/04/15

Reply to pharmacist