Question
Posted by: Worried | 2009/07/02

Concerns

My husband had an affair about 3 years ago. The thing is that eventhough we have moved on, I still think about it. There are small things that remind me about it. Also, when we argue, I still feel very insecure. He says he love me so much and he is very committed...but it doesnt make a difference.

Is this a major pat of what you think about, or only one of many things, good and bad, which you think about ? Is it, in other words, in proportion ? Even when we move on sucessfully, we usually don't completely forget what happened, and can be reminded of it. Wouldn't some marriage counselling be useful to both of you ?

1
Posted by: Worried | 2009/07/02

I do think about the good, but it seems as if the bad out weighs the good...meaning I think more about the bad than the good..it is getting better as long as i have not reminders of the past happening. We did go for marriage counselling...but to me it seemed pointless because the problem was still there. But, i am trying to be happy and dont let my husband know if something reminds me about it. He gets very upset. He feels it was the biggest mistake of his life.

Reply to Worried