Question
Posted by: J | 2012-08-16

concerned with my face

im a bit concern, last year in May i had rash and part of my face also had red pumps , now again on sunday i woke up with my face burning with the red pumps and rash, one side of my face was swollen and my eye brows were also swollen, i took Allergex tablets and later on that day the swelling was better, i still have the itchy on my face and my body has the rash!
yesterday i went back to the same GP i went to last year as we did all the normal allergy tests and the results came back ok,though she still say i may be allergic to something probably its in the air...
she gave me the same treatment as last year as it eventually went away last year, though few weeks after that i had a terrible flu .
now she also prescribed me with Celestamine tablets,and also gave me Cortoderm ointment for my face...

but one thing i''ve noticed lately i get the reaction whenever i have the car heater and aircondition on at work, thought i have been using those since beginning of winter...
and i don''t get this in summer ..

is there anything you can suggest i should do ?

J

The medication that the doctor has prescribed should be adequate to control your symptoms. It is possible that the shift in temperature between the cold environment and the heat in your vehicle is causing the reaction. You can discuss this possibility of consulting an allergy specialist with your doctor, if an allergy of some kind is suspected.