Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2010/07/04

Concerned over way forward

I was 6 months pregnant when I had to give natural birth to my baby girl due to an Intra Uterine Infection, unfortunately she passed away 11 hours later. I was put on an antibiotic to clear up the infection, however how can I be sure that it has gone and won''t re-occur should I fall pregnant again. Is there any way to prevent this from re-occuring.

Some infections are recurrent in that you may be a carrier of the bacteria which don't affect you but can affect the pregnancy. I don't know if this was the cause of your infection of if it was something else, like the waters breaking. There isn't really anything you can do before the next pregnancy but it would be important to be screened for infections in the next pregnancy.

2

Posted by: A | 2010/07/05

Hi. As far as I''m aware you will be put onto antibiotics for the first and last 12 weeks of pregnancy.

Reply to A