Question
Posted by: e | 2010/10/12

concerned mother

Thanks for answer on post 1018. Just refering to what I meant with constanty - when they play at each house(not everytime) my son will tell the girl to play in secret place and then touch each other. What I meant with injury, I heard him say he want to put one of his toys in her vagina and it would not hurt- that is when I was shocked. Did he maybe seen or heard it somewhere or can they think of such things so young. I did discussed it with her mom who said that she did tell her mom she doesn t like doing such stuff. I spoke to him yesterday and he answered that he does understand that it is their private parts and encourage to stop it.

OK, so one quick rule is "No playing in secret places". The choice of a secret place shows an awareness that what is being done is wrong, or at least disapproved of by adults. Wanting to put things in her vagina goes beyond ordinary play, which is more usually the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" sort of exploratory stuff. As you say, one wonders where he might have got such ideas. It will also be worth reminding him that she has said to her mother than she doesn't like doing this stuff, and that he shouldn't play any sort of game with other kids that they don't want to play.

1