Posted by: kim | 2010-11-22

concerned for friend

hi doc
i have a friend who has a heart murmour and battles with pulpatations. she wants to loose weight but each time she trys to exercise on her exercise bike, within 3 miniutes her heart rate is over 160 and takes hours sometimes to the next day to recover. she has seen a cardiologist who said she had sinus tracka cardia. it does not sound right. i have asked her to go see another cardiologist. please can you give me some kind of advice on this condition and if possible refer me to someone that i can te   her how serious this is.
many thanks

It is important to understand tachycardia and I therefore, suggest that you refer to the following link for detailed information about this condition and the treatment thereof:

It will be valuable to get a second opinion, as there are adequat treatment for this condition. Unfortunately, I do not know in which area you are situated and I suggest that you contact your nearest hospital for contact numbers of cardiologists in your area.