Question
Posted by: SM | 2011-06-06

Concerned after miscarriage

On 01/05/2011 I had a miscarriage (started bleeding and my HCG started dropping). I was approximately 6 weeks along. A week later I was still bleeding heavily so my Gynae performed a D& C. I stopped bleeding for 2 days and started bleeding again, quite heavy. To date I am still bleeding and in slight pain. I have been for weekly blood tests and my HCG is sitting on about 60 now. My Gynae has now prescribed Cyklokapron. Please advise:
1. Is this normal?
2. Is Cyklokapron advisable to be on?
3. Is there a possibility of infection?
4. I want to regulate my cycle so I can try to conceive again, any advice?

It is now almost 6 weeks after the miscarriage. Your HCG level should be close to zero at this stage. Your doctor should consider the possibility of trophoblastic disease. Discuss this with him/her.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-06-10