Question
Posted by: M | 2010/11/03

Concerned about symptoms

Good day,

I''ve been experiencing strange symptoms for a while now and am very concerned. I am constantly thirsty and would drink liters and liters of water per day. I would eat a full plate meal and be very hungry again after 10minutes. Sometimes I am so tired it feels as if I havent been sleeping for weeks.
I read on the internet that these could be signs of Diabetes ? I however dont know of any diabetics in my family.
I am 26 and male.

Please advise

Hallo M
These could be signs of diabetes, even if you don't have a family history of diabetes. Please make an appointment at your GP for a full physical examination. Make your appointment early in the morning, and go on an empty stomach (don't eat or drink anything from 22h00 the previous evening except water) and inform the doctor that you stayed fasting, so that he can draw fasting blood sugar and insulin levels if needed. He may want to test your urine too.

3
Posted by: M | 2010/11/03

Thanks Doc
Will do

Reply to M
Posted by: A | 2010/11/03

Sounds like diabetes to me.

Reply to A
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/03

Hallo M