Question
Posted by: Louis | 2010/02/22

Concerned about my son's oral health

My son is having bead breath since he was small. His stool is also smelling excessively. We ensure that he brush &  floss his teeth regulary. We have asked numerous doctors, etc. for possible causes, but no one were able to give us a possible cause/ solution.

Hallo Louis
Bad breath can be caused by infection in the sinuses/lungs, the oral cavity, digestion problems. If he does not have chronic sinusitis and no bad teeth in his mouth, try giving him probiotics three times a day to increase the good bacteria in the colon. Certain diseases like diabetes can cause an acetone like smell of the breath so ask your doctor to check him for any metabolic abnormalities.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/23

Hallo Louis
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc