Question
Posted by: Sally | 2010-10-07

Concerned about medication for epilypsy

I am currently giving my daughter Tegretrol for epilypsy and I want to know if this will 100% prevent her from having any further fits. What are the chances? Please advise.

Hallo Sally
Tegretol is a medication that only works if the concentration in the blood is correct. Doctors usually test peak and trough levels to determine the best dose for a person, but if the child is growing, dose may need to be adjusted with time. She should be monitored regularly by a neurologist. Tegretol may stop or reduce fits dramatically but there is no guarantee that she will not fit at all while on medication.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-11

Hallo Sally