Question
Posted by: Sideways | 2009-08-25

Concerned about GF

My Girlfriend has recently started having her period very often and a heavy one at that. What could cause this? She is currently having her period almost every 1.5 weeks. She uses the contraceptive patch and did switch it last month so that she would avoid her period. What I mean is that when her period was meant to start it s a patch free week but she kept using it to avoid her period for that weekend. We' re not convinced this is the reason though for her sudden frequent and heavy periods. Any other reasons?

As this seems to have happened just after the patch episode, this is the likeliest cause. If it persists she should see her doctor.