Question
Posted by: Girlfriend | 2010/01/20

Concerned about BF' s cough

My boyfriend gave up smoking last year but still smokes one or two cigarettes if he' s had something to drink when at a party.

On Saturday he smoked 2 cigarettes, a cigar and puffed from a hubbly the whole evening. Since then he has had this persistent cough which sometimes brings up black stuff (he says it is tar). He really feels stupid for what he did and doesn' t want to smoke again.

Should I be worried about his cough that won' t go away (he was still coughing this morning)? I would think it' s a good sign that his body is not used to the tar and toxins anymore. Just worried it could be something else.

Hallo Girlfriend
It could just be an irritation from the smoking. If he has fever, yellow or green sputum and feels sick, he should rather see a doctor. Otherwise he can treat it symptomatically with a cough syrup and give it a few days to see if it will go away.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/20

Hallo Girlfriend

Reply to cyberdoc