Question
Posted by: Mom of 3 yr old | 2012-08-13

Concerned!

Please could you explain my blood test results in detail. I''m a 32 year old female.
Symptoms that led to the test request:
I went from 73 kg in Feb 2012 to 63 kg to date with no dieet or excercise.
I have abdominal pain (lower left side) that I at first thought gynea related (ended up being where the colon is) since Sept 2011. I had a missed miscarriage in Feb at 11 weeks (fetus stopped growing at 8 weeks).
I went for a check-up after and was fine, put on Trigestrel Pill.
Bloodied Bowel Movement (2 x in July)
The test was requested for Thyroid (over active), Cholesterol and Leukemia checks.

Full Blood Count 13.1
Haemoglobin 4.29
Haematocrit 39.9
MCV 93.1
MCH 30.6
MCHC 32.9
RDW 13.5

White Cell Count 4.91
Neutrophils 68.3
Neutrophils Abs 3.35
Lymphocytes 25.2
Lymphocytes Abs 1.24
Monocytes 2.6
Monocytes Abs 0.13
Eosinophils 1.1
Eosinophils Abs 0.05
Basophils 0.3
Basophils Abs 0.01
LUC 2.6
LUC Abs 0.13

Platelet Count 341

ESR 5

Ferritin (Roche) 56

C-Reactive Protein 17

Cholesterol Total 5.3
Triglycerides 0.8
HDL 1.3
LDL 3.5

TSH 2.1
Free T4 17

Please explain to me what it all means and what my next step should be.

Thank you so much!!

If your haemaglobin is only 4.29, you are severely anemic and you will have to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The severe abdominal pain can be due to a bleeding ulcer, resulting in a very low haemaglobin count. The rest of your blood results are more or less normal. You can consult a dietrician to improve your cholesterol, as the bad cholesterol is slightly high.

2
Posted by: desperado | 2012-08-17

Are you sure you don''t have an ulcer or problems in the colon (maybe go for colonscopy) the bloody stools have me concerned. I had 2 miscarriages due to not enough blood flow to uterus. It was sorted out with ecotrin (asprin you can drink while pregnant) so if you are anemic or have bleeding ulcer it can also be due to this

Reply to desperado
Posted by: Mom | 2012-08-14

I mixed them up, fbc 4.29 and Heam 13.1.
Apologies and thank you!

Reply to Mom