Posted by: Renette | 2012-05-28

I''m 35 years old, i had a baby in 2010 and stopped taking contrasetptive pill (Yaz) in November 2011 due to too many side effects of the pill. Since not taking the pill I had a 21 day cycle up untill now, last month (April/May) was a normal 28 cycle. My problem however is that now I''ve been spotting for 5 days, after my cycle finished. I''ve never had this happen and would like to know if this is still a side effect of having left the pill? We would like to fall pregnant again, and I would like to know if this (spotting) could hinder our efforts in falling pregnant.

The spotting is probably related to stopping the Pill. Periods can be irregular for a few months after stopping, which is why most women do not fall pregnant in the first 3 months after stopping the Pill.