Posted by: Anon | 2012-01-12

Dear Dr
I am male andI have recently been satisfied by the hands of a lady. We exercised caution and she used latex gloves. Our bodies never touched though i did touch hernupper body with my hands.
On the same day about 7 hours after this incident i noticed a burning sensation on my scrotum and the next day i noticed it was a raw wound, not deep but only on the surface like a friction burn would cause. It is now 5 days later and it is healing the skin is becoming shiny but i have read up and am concerned that i may have contracted herpes. Do you think this likely given it can be transmitted to skin to skin even though she wore gloves and do you think that i would get a herpes sore immediately on the same day? I have no other symptoms. How long should i wait before being tested? Thanks

She most likely caused a friction injury to the scrotum. There is no chance of contracting herpes in such a manner. Next time, use KY Jelly as a lubricant.