Question
Posted by: george | 2011/02/10

CONCERNED

Hi Doc,

I had a one night stand on the weekend and she wanted to have sex although she didnt have any protection.. I put my penis inside her for a split second (just the tip) and then pulled out and told her i couldnt do it without protection.Is there a chance I could have caught something in that split second i was inside her?

EXPERT''S REPLY
Subject:
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 7/2/2011
Hallo George
If you have skin to skin contact with an infected vagina, you can pick up a sexually transmitted infection. Just watch out for any rash, discharge or blisters forming and get treatment as soon as possible if you notice any signs of infection.

READER''S REPLY
Subject: RE: Concerned
Posted by: George | 10/2/2011
Hi Doc,

My doctor prescribed Combivir saying that if there is any chance of HIV infection this should stop it from entering my blood stream (4 days after the event?).Would you agree with this? I think the chances are very slim that I would contract HIV from a split second insertion into a girl? I see the side effects are pretty severe.I have been taking these for two days but so far no side effects..Do you thik its the best thing? and are they fairly safe to take?

Hallo George
It is best to take PEP (post exposure prophylaxis) like Combivir if you had a risky sexual encounter - so if you don't have bad side effects, rather complete the course. Just let your doctor know if you develop any symptoms like unusual or unexpected stomach discomfort; weakness and tiredness; shortness of breath; weakness in the arms and legs; yellowing of the skin or eyes; pain in the upper stomach area, unusual fatigue, pale skin, sore throat, fever, or chills.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/10

Hallo George