Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2011-02-04

Concerned

Dear Doc,
I am 30. I was on Diane for 6 years. Got married and went on triphasil for 1 year &  8 months. I am off the triphasil for 8 months now just to get my body right for conceiving. We are trying for a baby for 3 months now and nothing happened yet. I do take track of my ovulation, and I am not a smoker. Should I go and see my GP or go to a gynae for advise? Is 3 months to soon to do fertility tests? Should we try a few months more?

Jennifer

Three months is way too soon for fertility tests. You should wait up to one year after being on oral contraceptives for such a long time.

1
Posted by: Outsider | 2011-02-05

These things take time apparently. I have been off my family planning injection for about a year now and I have not even got my period back, so it could take anywhere upto a year if not more

Reply to Outsider