Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2010/09/06

Concerned

My brother in-law was in a relationship for for about 2 years, he has fathered a son with this woman.

She is being charged with child abuse to her daughter as she is black and blue and the girls father (not my brother in-law) was advised by my brother in-law of what this woman is doing to the little girl.

On a few instances she has got really drunk and had an arguement with my brother in-law and to hurt him she has starved the baby boy. There are a couple of witness to the situation even outsiders.

Because my brother in-law is single what are his rights as a father to protect the child from this horrible woman.

She even hit her mother last week and knocked her out cold where she had to be driven home by the police. Apparently her father was the same and committed suicide when she was 12. Her mother won''t lay a charge against her as it is her daughter. She has even been evicted from the previous place they lived because of her constant screaming.

should i open a second case, all my brother in-law and ourselves want is for the children to be safe.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Your brother in law may approach the Court to put a parenting plan in place alternatively bring an application to obtain care of the child in light of the fact that it will not be in the best interests of the child to be in the care of the mother.

Best would be to consult an attorney on this.

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/09/09

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert